OPPORTUNITY FOR talented, customer focused, inventory manager to join an entrepreneurial team of a challenger brand company in the Medical Device industry. Collaborates with a cross functional team internally and reports to Director of Integrated Supply Chain. Excellent opportunity for growth in a fast growing manufacturing company committed to exceptional customer service, teamwork, and innovation.
- Ownership of product inventory accuracy and replenishment
- Controlling flows of materials and supplies through production
- Manage supplier cost, lead times, and delivery schedules.
- Managing material handler daily transactions and duties
- Use Lean methodologies to drive inventory reduction target, increasing inventory turns.
- Improve On Time Delivery from supplier’s that will support the Value Stream's targeted KPI’s.
- Use proven project management skills and tools to investigate alternative component technologies for reduced cost, or improved quality and reliability.
- Work closely in a cross-function team environment, working with New Product Development, Manufacturing, Sales/Marketing, Sourcing Team, and Suppliers.
- Understand component specifications and translate into supplier capability requirements.
- Oversee communications between engineering and suppliers to ensure component specifications are met.
- Analyze and recommend sourcing decisions for components and assemblies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior inventory management, purchasing, sourcing, manufacturing, or product development experience, 2 to 5 years preferred.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and suppliers.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and IEC60601-1 or UL60601-1 or DMAIIC Process Excellence Certification is a plus.
- Fluid in Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly is a plus. Problem Solving/ Decision Making
- Team-oriented personality with internal drive to go above and beyond to get the job done in order to optimize the customer experience
- Ability to translate component specifications into requirements that meet and exceed customer needs.
- Ability to continuously improve processes and products for cost reduction, customer ease of use and to meet evolving clinical needs with sound, thoughtfully developed solutions in collaboration with a team.
- Minimize risk to the organization.
Motivation and Initiative
- Thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to achieving accurate, detailed work is essential.
- The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high
- standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Creative problem solver to efficiently achieve high quality and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to drive for results and effect change, while making a
- positive difference in the organization.
- Ability to provide clear and collaborative direction to members of manufacturing team.
- Inventory Manager is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards and providing the technical information and analysis required by members of the team.
This job allows for autonomy and independence while working collaboratively with cross-functional
teams and providing clear inventory information to manufacturing and finance teams. Because of the
fast-paced job environment, recommendations must be made quickly and confidently, within a
collaborative team environment, based on job knowledge.
Reports to: Director of Integrated Supply Chain
Direct Reports: None